The Strive4Life Foundation’s goals are to promote the health and wellness of today’s youth through proven programs.
“To promote the health and wellness of youth through education, health screenings and preventative services”
Strive4Life Foundations area of special interest is sports and provides a unique opportunity to empower parents, coaches and young athletes. With the right tools to make sure they’re informed and taking the necessary precautions to manage sports related injuries while encompassing awareness and testing so that every parent, every team and every school can help protect student athletes.
In the US, about 30 million youth participate in some form of organized sports, and account for more than 3.5 million injuries each year. Almost one-third of all childhood injuries are sports-related. Strive4Life Fund is committed to:
- Ensure that youth athletes have access to qualified professionals to make assessments and decisions.
- Educate parents, athletes, coaches, teachers and others about the signs and symptoms of sports injuries and conditions (e.g., brain injury, heat illness and sudden cardiac arrest).
- Assure pre-participation exams before play begins and, where appropriate, conduct testing.
- Write to state legislators and members of Congress, expressing concerns.
- Support a national registry of sport-related catastrophic injuries and fatalities to improve safety and participation.
- Demand that appropriate emergency action plans and safety and medical protocols and procedures are in place at every sporting event and facility.
- Educate players and others that there’s a difference between pain and injury; and work to eliminate the culture of “playing through pain” without assessment.
- Ensure that both general and sport-specific safety education be a priority for every administrator, coach, parent and player.
Please consider supporting the health and wellness of local youth by making a tax deductible contributing to the Strive4Life Foundation.